Real Life 10:04 PMAndrea ♥ TheTaintedButterfly.com

I QUIT!!!

Siggghhhhhhhh. Anyone know where you go to turn in your adult card? I'm tired. I need a break. I don't want to do grown up stuff. Everything seems SO HARD right now. I'm in fairly good spirits, I guess, but I've got so much going on that I can't do the things I want to do because I barely have time for the things I'm required to do. I'm not sleeping well. My thoughts are disorganized. Even blogging is slow going because I feel like I work and work and somehow only manage to crank out a sentence or 2 a day. It makes it really hard to stay focused on my message. I'm the same way at work. I work my ass off all day and accomplish nothing. Basically, I'm a hot ass mess right now.


To say the universe isn't doing me any favors in the getting my shit together department is an understatement. The last several days have been absolute bullshit. Aside from the usual stress of everyday life, the downward spiral of crazy ass nonsense began Friday night. We were sitting on the couch when all the sudden one of our fancy glass shades in our kitchen lighting fell out of the fixture and shattered. It's was a huge disaster. 5 days later we're still finding glass all over the place. To make matters worse, the globe was very unique. We've looked everywhere and can't find a replacement. It's likely we'll end up dishing out several hundred dollars to replace all the kitchen lighting because it will look ghetto if they don't all match. About 15 minutes after the light disaster occurred, a short but powerful storm came through and blew down a tree in the front yard. The worst part is that we just bought the house 2 months ago, and we're having a big housewarming party on Saturday. I'm not sure we'll do about the light situation yet, and I'm so sad my beautiful house is already damaged.

I wish I could say that was the worst of it, but that's only the beginning. The morning after the light fiasco I was moving my husband's truck and backed into my step-daughter's new car. If you know the story behind the car situation you might get a little giggle out of the irony. It wasn't funny at the time at all though. I felt like the jerk of the decade. I sat in the driveway and bawled while SHE consoled ME. I don't know if that was karma for her, me, or just the universe once again reminding me that some things are just beyond my control.

Oh, that's not the last of my unbelievably shitty luck lately. The reason I was moving the truck is so we could pull out the Cadillac and go run some errands. We find that the Lac has a flat so my husband gets out the portable air compressor. He plugs it in to the cigarette lighter and we discover that the lighters and phone jacks in the car aren't working. So, he pulls his truck up next to the car and the lighter in there won't work either. Come to find out, the wires on the compressor were exposed and we had shorted out the systems in both vehicles. At that point, I just wanted to go hide in bed from the next disaster that was bound to occur.

I've now gone 2 days without anything random and disastrous taking place so I think I'm out of the woods as far as that goes. Unfortunately, that hasn't done much to diminish this feeling that life is currently kicking my ass. Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary and it felt like we barely acknowledged it. I'm not feeling neglected or anything. What more could a girl want than a new house? We are so happy and it's not a sign of the state of our relationship. We didn't even buy each other a gift, a card, nothing. We just felt our money was better spent on things for the house than things we don't really need right now. It just seems kind of sad that he spent it at a band function for the boy while I was at home because I've been so tired all the time from not sleeping well. I'm totally aware that as far as life circumstances go I don't have a damn thing to complain about. If anything it makes me feel worse that I have so much to be thankful for, and I'm still in an unexplainable funk. There's just so much I'd like to be doing, but there doesn't seem to be any more room on the plate than what I've already got. Since turning in that adult card isn't an option, anyone know where I can get a bigger plate and a glass pendant light shade with a 1 inch fitter opening?

Well, that's 2 posts done in 1 day and this one didn't even take me 6 days to knock out. Looks like I've accomplished the ability to whine about not being able to accomplish anything. Hopefully, this is a sign that things are looking up.

Leave a Comment

0 comments

Please leave a comment so I know I'm not talking to myself. ;) I read every single one. ♥

You Might Also Like

Contact Form