Recipes 4:51 PMAndrea ♥ TheTaintedButterfly.com

Recipe of the Week: Sausage and Cheese Tortellini Bake

You know this stuff is awesome... Admit it.
OMG! This one here is a must try. Last week I was looking for something new to fix as usual, and decided to give this cheese tortellini a shot that I’ve been eyeing in the dairy section at the store. I did a quick Pinterest search and came up with a basic idea for a recipe and took it from there. Since my husband doesn’t eat beef or pork, I get pretty tired of eating chicken and ground turkey. I decided to do turkey sausage with this one for a little something different, and it was an excellent decision.


Here are the ingredients that will deliver you to deliciousness:


2 tubes of ground turkey sausage
2 22oz packages of fresh cheese tortellini
1 big can of spaghetti sauce
1 package dry onion soup mix (obviously)
Spoonful of minced garlic
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 cup of parmesan cheese
Your favorite seasonings


First, I put the sausage on the stove with a little bit of olive oil in the pan. I mixed in the dry onion soup mix and minced garlic. I cooked it just until it was nicely browned. While that was cooking, I put the tortellini on to boil. Don’t cook it too long. Just enough to make it a little bit soft. For this recipe, it’s good to keep it firm since it will be going in the oven.


Once the meat is browned, mix in the spaghetti sauce. I have found that I prefer the very cheap cans of spaghetti sauce and season it myself. If there is a particular kind you like the flavor of you could probably forego the garlic and seasonings. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, SKIP THE ONION SOUP MIX.





Here’s the thing with me and the D.O.S.M. I have food texture issues. I like onion flavor, but biting into a cooked onion just grosses me out. They’re slimy and crunchy at the same time. I just can’t deal. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Just give me the onion soup mix and I’m good to go.  I have a very specific list of foods that I can’t tolerate which is deserving of it's very own post. I'm not going to disrespect the tortellini goodness by talking about the nastiness in it's presence.  

ANYHOO… back to creating the yummy deliciousness. Once you have warmed up the meat and sauce and the pasta is slightly undercooked, break out your casserole dish and mix it all together with the cup of shredded cheese. Cook it at about 350 for maybe 10 minutes and then sprinkle the parmesan on top and cook it until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown. Serve that bitch up with a salad and some garlic bread and your life will be complete. It takes about 30 minutes start to finish, and my family of 4 ate a couple helpings each for several days. I'm already wanting to make it again and we just finished it off last Friday. Next time I think I'll throw in some spinach and mushrooms. Respect my culinary genius!

Leave a Comment

0 comments

Please leave a comment so I know I'm not talking to myself. ;) I read every single one. ♥

You Might Also Like

Contact Form