Recipes 10:44 AMAndrea ♥ TheTaintedButterfly.com

Recipe of the Week: Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas

This recipe is one of my favorites. It’s pretty delicious, but that’s not the reason why it’s special. This was one of the first meals I made for my step-kids and they were like, “Yassssss! Step-mom can cook!” This one is a little more time consuming to prepare than some of the previous recipe’s I’ve shared. The good thing about it is that a 9x13 pan can feed a family of 4 very happily for about 3 days.

Here’s what you’ll need:
  • 1lb + shredded chicken breast (I’ve used ground beef/turkey as well)
  • 1 package of dry onion soup mix (I should just stop even mentioning this. Everyone knows you’ll need it.)
  • 1 spoonful of minced garlic
  • 1 package of taco seasoning
  • 3 cans of enchilada sauce
  • 1 can of sweet corn
  • 1 can of black beans (washed and drained)
  • 10-15 corn tortillas
  • Plenty of shredded cheese
First, boil the chicken breast with the DOSM and garlic (My kids like spicy so I add a little red pepper flakes.) When the chicken is cooked, drain and shred it. Place the shredded chicken, corn and beans in a frying pan. Add the taco seasoning and cook with a small amount of water and about half a can of the enchilada sauce for about 10 minutes.
While that’s cooking, spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350. When the chicken mixture is ready, place the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. This will help you roll the meat into them without them falling apart. Place about 2 or 3 good sized spoonfuls inside each tortilla, sprinkle some cheese inside and line them up tightly in the pan. There will be extra room in the pan after you line them up so I usually squeeze in a few across the bottom long ways too.  Once you have them tightly packed in the pan spread the 2/12 cans of enchilada sauce evenly over your masterpiece. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top to your liking and place in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes. When it starts getting golden brown on the top take it out to cool for a few minures and it’s ready for devouring.  This is the kind of meal that makes life worth living!

Leave a Comment

0 comments

Please leave a comment so I know I'm not talking to myself. ;) I read every single one. ♥

You Might Also Like

Contact Form